I guess I must have big fingers. I loaned my camera to BB then decided I wanted to take some pictures of the Grateful Dead logo I made for him and must have poked something I shouldn't have. ALL BLUE PICTURES !!
Da Boys...both of them are fans of The Grateful Dead jam band. I learned the craft of Thread Painting a couple of years ago. It is very enjoyable. I hadn't done it in quite a while and had to learn it all over again. The first patch was not totally acceptable but BB liked it so much that he wanted to keep it anyway. I sewed it onto a cap for him today and the pictures are of him and the cap. I think I will take some more pictures minas the Big Finger effect and will show them to you later when I can corral him again.
I have just discovered that this won't paste exactly from Microsoft works. No bold, no color. Rats. All the time I spent on that. Not going to do it again. If you are interest you will just have to sort it out.
I have just finished with all the answers and as with off of these quizzes I enjoy putting extra comments in also to make it even more personal. Some don’t need an extra answer.
Things you've already done: bold Things you want to do: in red Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog and here I am. 2. Slept under the stars 3. Played in a band I never played in a band but felt like I was a member. In high school, my oldest brother was in the band, played cymbals, drums and was the mighty, bestest, most wonderful drum major ever in the JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL DANCING BAND. I was at every parade they were in (as I remember) dated all the Tuba players, some of the drummers, trumpet players and even a sax player. I just didn’t play an instrament in the band. 4. Visited Hawaii 5. Watched a Meteor Shower 6. given more than you can afford to charity 7. Been to Disneyworld/Land both 8. Climbed a mountain not a very high mountain 9. Held a praying mantis there have been several on my screens but had no desire to hold one. 10. Sang a solo more times than I can count and my turn is coming up again soon. 11. Bungee jumped NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER!!! 12. Visited Paris DITTO 13. Watched a lightning storm at sea 14. Taught yourself an art from scratch Does needle work count? 15. Adopted a child 16. Had food poisoning 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty Had the chance but stayed on the ground while my family climbed. 18. Grown your own vegetables With some success 19. Seen the Mona Lisa in Paris 20. Slept on an overnight train 21. Had a pillow fight 22. Hitch hiked 23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill 24. Built a snow fort 25. Held a lamb 26. Gone skinny dipping Many times after the children were all gone 27. Run a marathon 28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice 29. Seen a total eclipse 30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Sunrises and sunsets are often awesome here in my desert. A memorable one was at the Grand Canyon. Many people came to a certain outlook (I can’t remember the name) to watch the sunrise. It was just like being in church. If there was a word exchanged it was whispered. 31. Hit a home run Several. I used to be pretty good in some sports. 32. Been on a cruise Five, if memory serves. If I ever go on a cruise again it will be the one where many Southern Gospel entertainers bring the entertainment. 33. Seen Niagara Falls Lived in Danbury, CT twice for the total of about 5 years. Never went to the falls. 34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Maybe. I think many of my kin were born in the same place I was. Thayer, MO. I still visit there when I am in the area 35. Seen an Amish community 36. Taught yourself a new language I tried, with not much success. I know enough Spanish to get myself in trouble 37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied I have enough. I like to think that I would be truly satisfied if I had much less. Come to think of it, after this last years economy I do have much less. 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person 39. Gone rock climbing 40. Seen Michaelangelo's David in person 41. Sung Karaoke 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt Yep, and it was July DURING A SNOW STORM! Go figure! 43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant Nothing to crow about. It was in McDonalds. 44. Visited Africa 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ‘Twas in Cancun. Loved it. 46. Been transported in an ambulance Danbury, CT. Happy to say, car was totaled and towed away and not too much damage to me or youngest daughter 47. Had your portrait painted 48. Gone deep sea fishing Fun being on the boat but up to someone else to catch the fish. 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling Another Cancun memory. Fish were bigger than we were. I didn’t love it. 52. Kissed in the rain In the rain, in the snow, in the dry, in the sun, in the dark. Married 40 years. 53. Played in the mud A girl friend, in high school and I were at her home in California. Her dad was the care taker of an orchard. He was flooding the trees and we covered ourselves completely in mud. Fun 54. Gone to a drive-in Drive in restaurants, drive in movies. Yep 55. Been in a movie 56. Visited the Great Wall of China 57. Started a business Does trying to sell items I have made on etsy.com count? Not successful at all. Selling eggs? I have a neighbor who loves to buy the eggs from my chickens. 58. Taken a martial arts class 59. Visited Russia 60. Served at a soup kitchen 61. Sold girl scout cookies. 62. Gone whale watching 63. Received flowers for no reason 64. Donated blood 65. Gone sky diving ‘nother NEVERNEVERNEVER 66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp 67. Bounced a cheque thankfully had an arrangement with the bank which covered the checks but was very expensive. 68. flown in a helicopter 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial 71. Eaten Caviar don’t plan on doing that again 72. Pieced a Quilt several, crazy quilts are my favorite 73. Stood in Times Square 74. Toured the Everglades 75. Been fired from a job 76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London 77. Broken a bone wrist (while walking and reading on the way home from the library when I was a child, a rib or two when I forgot how old I was and trying to get out of a lake onto a dock. Needless to say, I didn’t make it onto the dock successfully AND another rib or two when backing my mom in her wheelchair. I, mom and wheelchair took a dip into the pool. She wasn’t damaged, wheelchair wasn’t damaged, only me. It was nearly Christmas, pool was about 56 degrees. I pulled mom out of the pool limb by limb, then the chair, wheeled her to the back door and started taking my clothes off. She said (and she didn’t talk much in those latter days) “ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF OUT HERE!!!:” and I said “yes, and you are next” She also said, “I ALMOST DROWNED” She didn’t. It was a fun story until the next day when the ribs started to HURT! 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Many times while trying to catch my husband on his. 79. Seen the Grand Canyon see question 30 80. Published a book 81. Visited the Vatican 82. Bought a brand new car 83. Walked in Jerusalem 84. Had your picture in the newspaper While getting a shot during the 1950’s. It rained so much in San Jose, CA that the streets were flooded and I think the shot was the one for Polio 85. Read the entire Bible A couple of times and trying to do it again. 86. Visited the White House again in MUCH rain. 87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating Quail, shot from a bedroom window, out of season, with a 22. Called hubby at work and ask how many made a “mess” of quail. He said in a very low, quiet, patient voice, “How many do you have?” I told him two. He said that was a mess. He loved telling that story. 88. Had chickenpox 89. Saved someone's life 90. Sat on a jury 91. Met someone famous HOPALONG CASSIDY. SHOOK HIS HAND. 92. Joined a book club 93. Lost a loved one I am 71 y/o I have lost many loved ones 94. Had a baby 3 95. Seen the Alamo in person. I love the River Walk in San Antonio. I want to go back again in 2009 96. Swum in the great salt lake. 97. Been involved in a law suit Does class action suits count? I have been involved in several of those and even received a check or two. 98. Owned a cell phone I don’t even have a land line anymore. I like that
There! That is probably more than you ever wanted to know about me.
Last night at church a friend mentioned that I had not put anything on my blog in a while. I said i have been busy (who hasn't?) and that I had not had anything of interest to ya'all. Below, in response to his request, there are some pictures that attest to my RED-NEKID-NESS. I will never be ashamed of that trait. I was GREEN before the term GREEN came into play. I do not like to waste anything. I am always believing that whatever I am not using at the moment I will be able to use it at another time. For a while, I lined my garden with 2 liter bottles filled with water. I acquired the bottles from my son who drinks from 1 to 2 2 liter bottles of Canada Dry Lemon Lime soda every day. I thought I might keep the little critters out of my garden (they don't seem to get into the garden anyway because I have it surrounded with hog wire and also chicken wire. I found that the bottles made it hard to keep the weeds whacked away so I decided not to use them anymore. I disposed of them little by little as I emptied the water here and there. I left for a trip to TN & IN in Oct., stopped watering the tomatoes planted by the house. I noticed that one plant was still green and striving to live inspite of no water from Oct. to Dec. So...BB helped me make a small green house with the bottles full of water. I believe the water will suck in the heat in the day and will hold the heat for a while into the night. When it is freezing, I cover the contraption with a sheet. I noticed that the tiny pea sized red tomatoes might not be very tasty so I cleaned out the floor of the chicken coop and dumped it onto the top of the plant. NOW, if I haven't roasted the tomato plant with chicken poop I have hopes of having a tomato or two before long. HIGH HOPES, I HAVE HIGH HOPES...
I am having a hard time finding thing you might be interested in or even thing I am interested in to put on the blog. I thought maybe this might qualify. There was a country western song that came out some time ago. while I don't often hear or even listen to the words of a song (I usually only hear the melody, harmony and the accompaniment) I remember hearing the gist of this song. A fellow was spending time with a woman who talked only about herself. The chorus was: I wanna talk about me. Here is a chance to talk about ME. A little questionnaire I found on Facebook.
1. What is your occupation right now? Doing whatever I can to help my family both near and far and playing with yarn
2. What color are your socks right now? Black lacy knee socks that I am going to throw away as soon as I take them off. Elastic has weakened and won't stay up.
3. What are you listening to right now? My ears ring.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Dried fruit and nuts
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Today is my 71st birthday. Of course I can.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Boyd. #1S.......wishing me a happy birthday
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent it to me. I had to find it and copy and paste it.
8. How old are you today? Just told you.......Jan 11, 1938
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Don't have to do that anymore. No man in house. Soon, Feb 17 maybe, no TV, don't care.
10. What is your favorite drink? Diet Pepsi. Don't keep it in the house. I know it can't be good for me so only have it as a treat when I am out.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Several times but not very successful
12. Favorite food? Whatever is on my plate at meal time
13. What is the last movie you watched? Trying to wade my way through "Big Fish" right now. Two days in the machine and still not finished. I am sure I have seen it before.
14. Favorite day of the year? Every day. At my age, each day is a gift.
15. How do you vent anger? I can't remember the last time I was angry.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Probably anything my brother had in hand. I just remembered that I have done this before on Facebook If you are "my friend on Facebook, just ignore this. 17. What is your favorite season? Any part of the year that is not cold
18. Cherries or Blueberries? If I have only the two choices, cherries
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? I love it when my friends send me personal e-mail
20. Who is the most likely to respond? I can count on Beth, Brenda and Charlotte and sometimes Clif.
21. Who is least likely to respond? ?????????/////
22. Living arrangements? Just lil' ol' me and an indifferent cat.
23. When was the last time you cried? I seldom ever, ever, ever cry.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Which closet? And NO comments from you Beth.
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? this is not an e-mail but perhaps, even perhaps someone will see it and I will make a new friend
26. What did you do last night? After garage sale-ing (How DO you spell that?) and lunch with family at "The Texas Roadhouse" Family will notice that I typed the name correctly When the Roadhouse first came to town I couldn't remember the name and called it "The Texas Outhouse"
27. What are you most afraid of? I don't believe I am afraid of anything. I have seldom ever had a reason to be afraid.
28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? I haven't eaten beef in a couple of years but if I did it would be with EVERYTHING.
29. Favorite dog breed? I have decided that I don't like slobbery, stinky, licky poopy dogs. I am now a one cat lady
30. Favorite day of the week? Every day that I can get out of bed and take nourishment. That make just about Evey day my favorite.
31. How many states have you lived in? MO, CA, CT, CO, CT, AZ, IA, AZ. You count 'em
32. Diamonds or pearls? Why choose? I like them all
33. What is your favorite flower? Gardenias. Had them in my wedding bouquet and someone sent them to me when my husband died. Fitting, no? Thanks Rosalie.
One more thing before getting off the subject of me. I have a haircut that is the shortest of my whole life. I am due for a trim on Thursday. Sould I keep the appointment. Remember, this is the end of a long day........Help please.
Quite some time ago I came across the site below. You can go to this site and opt out of many of the advertising catalogs you receive in the mail. Not all of them. I have been using this site when I receive a catalog I don't want, didn't order and is useless to me and clogging up my mail AND USING TREES TO NO AVAIL. You may like the convenience of this site.
Occasionlly I hear there are no co-incidences in the Christians world. I don't know how that got started or when but sometimes something happens that makes us believe that might be true.
Today it was my turn to bring the special music at my church. The young man who runs the sound system, sings in the choir, leads the music in the worship service Sunday mornings and probably many other things that I don't know about, had a sinus infection and ask me to lead the worship service. I was there a bit early to work the song I was to sing with that young man while he set up the sound system for me and my voice and song. I sang Amazing Grace.
After church he told me about God's planning. I didn't know God was in charge of the song I chose to sing today. I guess He was. Thank goodness the young man didn't tell me the story until after church or I couldn't have gotten through the song. The story is: He had an older brother who was going to work on his bicycle. He was a teen at the time and someone hit and killed him. My friend, the sound man, told me that Amazing Grace had not been sung at this church very often for a long time because...Amazing Grace was sung at his brother's funeral AND TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN HIS BROTHERS BIRTHDAY!!
OK, I dared! I dared to start with me and all my years attached.
The following pictures are a whole bunch of family pictures. I wonder if one can max this site out with pictures???? Anyway, if you have a question about any of the pictures, let me know and I will let you know.