Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coincidence?

Occasionlly I hear there are no co-incidences in the Christians world. I don't know how that got started or when but sometimes something happens that makes us believe that might be true.

Today it was my turn to bring the special music at my church. The young man who runs the sound system, sings in the choir, leads the music in the worship service Sunday mornings and probably many other things that I don't know about, had a sinus infection and ask me to lead the worship service. I was there a bit early to work the song I was to sing with that young man while he set up the sound system for me and my voice and song. I sang Amazing Grace.

After church he told me about God's planning. I didn't know God was in charge of the song I chose to sing today. I guess He was. Thank goodness the young man didn't tell me the story until after church or I couldn't have gotten through the song. The story is: He had an older brother who was going to work on his bicycle. He was a teen at the time and someone hit and killed him. My friend, the sound man, told me that Amazing Grace had not been sung at this church very often for a long time because...Amazing Grace was sung at his brother's funeral AND TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN HIS BROTHERS BIRTHDAY!!

Co-incidences? Maybe. Maybe not.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wow Connie. I don' think it was just a coincidence.
Thanks for this story.
Charlotte

Beth E. said...

Aw, maybe God wanted him to remember his brother today, despite the pain, and remind his he'll see him again.

kadellis said...

That story is just like the song you sang... God's Amazing Grace working when we're not even aware!

Brenda said...

I rather think it was a God thing! He knows! That's wonderful you were able to minister to this young man without even knowing.

Musings of A Minister said...

Great story with a great message. I don't know what to call it, but I think it was a God thing. We don't need to analyze it--just accept it.