Friday, January 23, 2009

A "TO DO" with a difference, this is called.

I have just discovered that this won't paste exactly from Microsoft works. No bold, no color. Rats. All the time I spent on that. Not going to do it again. If you are interest you will just have to sort it out.

I have just finished with all the answers and as with off of these quizzes I enjoy putting extra comments in also to make it even more personal. Some don’t need an extra answer.

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: in red
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog and here I am.
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band I never played in a band but felt like I was a member. In high school, my oldest brother was in the band, played cymbals, drums and was the mighty, bestest, most wonderful drum major ever in the JAMES LICK HIGH SCHOOL DANCING BAND. I was at every parade they were in (as I remember) dated all the Tuba players, some of the drummers, trumpet players and even a sax player. I just didn’t play an instrament in the band.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a Meteor Shower
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld/Land both
8. Climbed a mountain not a very high mountain
9. Held a praying mantis there have been several on my screens but had no desire to hold one.
10. Sang a solo more times than I can count and my turn is coming up again soon.
11. Bungee jumped NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER!!!
12. Visited Paris DITTO
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch Does needle work count?
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty Had the chance but stayed on the ground while my family climbed.
18. Grown your own vegetables With some success
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in Paris
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping Many times after the children were all gone
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Sunrises and sunsets are often awesome here in my desert. A memorable one was at the Grand Canyon. Many people came to a certain outlook (I can’t remember the name) to watch the sunrise. It was just like being in church. If there was a word exchanged it was whispered.
31. Hit a home run Several. I used to be pretty good in some sports.
32. Been on a cruise Five, if memory serves. If I ever go on a cruise again it will be the one where many Southern Gospel entertainers bring the entertainment.
33. Seen Niagara Falls Lived in Danbury, CT twice for the total of about 5 years. Never went to the falls.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Maybe. I think many of my kin were born in the same place I was. Thayer, MO. I still visit there when I am in the area
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language I tried, with not much success. I know enough Spanish to get myself in trouble
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied I have enough. I like to think that I would be truly satisfied if I had much less. Come to think of it, after this last years economy I do have much less.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michaelangelo's David in person
41. Sung Karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt Yep, and it was July DURING A SNOW STORM! Go figure!
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant Nothing to crow about. It was in McDonalds.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ‘Twas in Cancun. Loved it.
46. Been transported in an ambulance Danbury, CT. Happy to say, car was totaled and towed away and not too much damage to me or youngest daughter
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing Fun being on the boat but up to someone else to catch the fish.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling Another Cancun memory. Fish were bigger than we were. I didn’t love it.
52. Kissed in the rain In the rain, in the snow, in the dry, in the sun, in the dark. Married 40 years.
53. Played in the mud A girl friend, in high school and I were at her home in California. Her dad was the care taker of an orchard. He was flooding the trees and we covered ourselves completely in mud. Fun
54. Gone to a drive-in Drive in restaurants, drive in movies. Yep
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business Does trying to sell items I have made on etsy.com count? Not successful at all. Selling eggs? I have a neighbor who loves to buy the eggs from my chickens.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold girl scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Received flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood
65. Gone sky diving ‘nother NEVERNEVERNEVER
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a cheque thankfully had an arrangement with the bank which covered the checks but was very expensive.
68. flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar don’t plan on doing that again
72. Pieced a Quilt several, crazy quilts are my favorite
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London
77. Broken a bone wrist (while walking and reading on the way home from the library when I was a child, a rib or two when I forgot how old I was and trying to get out of a lake onto a dock. Needless to say, I didn’t make it onto the dock successfully AND another rib or two when backing my mom in her wheelchair. I, mom and wheelchair took a dip into the pool. She wasn’t damaged, wheelchair wasn’t damaged, only me. It was nearly Christmas, pool was about 56 degrees. I pulled mom out of the pool limb by limb, then the chair, wheeled her to the back door and started taking my clothes off. She said (and she didn’t talk much in those latter days) “ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF OUT HERE!!!:” and I said “yes, and you are next” She also said, “I ALMOST DROWNED” She didn’t. It was a fun story until the next day when the ribs started to HURT!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Many times while trying to catch my husband on his.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon see question 30
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper While getting a shot during the 1950’s. It rained so much in San Jose, CA that the streets were flooded and I think the shot was the one for Polio
85. Read the entire Bible A couple of times and trying to do it again.
86. Visited the White House again in MUCH rain.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating Quail, shot from a bedroom window, out of season, with a 22. Called hubby at work and ask how many made a “mess” of quail. He said in a very low, quiet, patient voice, “How many do you have?” I told him two. He said that was a mess. He loved telling that story.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous HOPALONG CASSIDY. SHOOK HIS HAND.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one I am 71 y/o I have lost many loved ones
94. Had a baby 3
95. Seen the Alamo in person. I love the River Walk in San Antonio. I want to go back again in 2009
96. Swum in the great salt lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit Does class action suits count? I have been involved in several of those and even received a check or two.
98. Owned a cell phone I don’t even have a land line anymore. I like that

There! That is probably more than you ever wanted to know about me.

No comments: