Sunday, January 11, 2009

I wanna talk about me!

I am having a hard time finding thing you might be interested in or even thing I am interested in to put on the blog. I thought maybe this might qualify. There was a country western song that came out some time ago. while I don't often hear or even listen to the words of a song (I usually only hear the melody, harmony and the accompaniment) I remember hearing the gist of this song. A fellow was spending time with a woman who talked only about herself. The chorus was: I wanna talk about me. Here is a chance to talk about ME. A little questionnaire I found on Facebook.


1. What is your occupation right now?
Doing whatever I can to help my family both near and far and playing with yarn

2. What color are your socks right now?
Black lacy knee socks that I am going to throw away as soon as I take them off. Elastic has weakened and won't stay up.

3. What are you listening to right now?
My ears ring.

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Dried fruit and nuts

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Today is my 71st birthday. Of course I can.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Boyd. #1S.......wishing me a happy birthday

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
No one sent it to me. I had to find it and copy and paste it.

8. How old are you today?
Just told you.......Jan 11, 1938

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Don't have to do that anymore. No man in house. Soon, Feb 17 maybe, no TV, don't care.


10. What is your favorite drink?
Diet Pepsi. Don't keep it in the house. I know it can't be good for me
so only have it as a treat when I am out.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Several times but not very successful

12. Favorite food?
Whatever is on my plate at meal time

13. What is the last movie you watched?
Trying to wade my way through "Big Fish" right now. Two days in the machine
and still not finished. I am sure I have seen it before.

14. Favorite day of the year?
Every day. At my age, each day is a gift.

15. How do you vent anger?
I can't remember the last time I was angry.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Probably anything my brother had in hand.
I just remembered that I have done this before on Facebook If you are "my friend
on Facebook, just ignore this.
17. What is your favorite season?
Any part of the year that is not cold

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
If I have only the two choices, cherries

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
I love it when my friends send me personal e-mail

20. Who is the most likely to respond?
I can count on Beth, Brenda and Charlotte and sometimes Clif.

21. Who is least likely to respond?
?????????/////

22. Living arrangements?
Just lil' ol' me and an indifferent cat.

23. When was the last time you cried?
I seldom ever, ever, ever cry.

24. What is on the floor of your closet?
Which closet? And NO comments from you Beth.

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?
this is not an e-mail but perhaps, even perhaps someone will see it and I
will make a new friend

26. What did you do last night?
After garage sale-ing (How DO you spell that?) and lunch with family at
"The Texas Roadhouse" Family will notice that I typed the name correctly
When the Roadhouse first came to town I couldn't remember the name and
called it "The Texas Outhouse"

27. What are you most afraid of?
I don't believe I am afraid of anything. I have seldom ever had a reason
to be afraid.

28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
I haven't eaten beef in a couple of years but if I did it would be with
EVERYTHING.

29. Favorite dog breed?
I have decided that I don't like slobbery, stinky, licky poopy dogs. I am now
a one cat lady

30. Favorite day of the week?
Every day that I can get out of bed and take nourishment. That make just about
Evey day my favorite.

31. How many states have you lived in?
MO, CA, CT, CO, CT, AZ, IA, AZ. You count 'em

32. Diamonds or pearls?
Why choose? I like them all

33. What is your favorite flower?
Gardenias. Had them in my wedding bouquet and someone sent them to me when my
husband died. Fitting, no? Thanks Rosalie.





One more thing before getting off the subject of me. I have a haircut that is the shortest of my whole life. I am due for a trim on Thursday. Sould I keep the appointment. Remember, this is the end of a long day........Help please.




3 comments:

Brenda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, dear friend!

You had to mention yard-saling! By the looks of it out our window, it's gonna be a loooong time before I can get out their and 'shop'.
I'll remember you the next time I'm eating at the Texas Outhouse!
God bless

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE.
You are a little over a year younger than I am. I was just thinking the other day that I don't think anyone I am acquainted with in blogland is older than me. (than I?) Who cares about grammer at this point. I am OLD.
I'm interested in whatever you blog about. Your list was interesting. You are an interesting person.
Have a great day. I know you will.
Charlotte

Beth E. said...

You and Kala were cut from the same cloth :) (Or pretty close.) Happy birthday... a few days late... in blog time.