Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Never too late.

The following is part of a note I received from a friend of mine in Phoenix. This is something worth sharing...........
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh ... I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you this: My mother was out here with Claudia and I since December, and recently returned on March 10th. Since living in NJ she has been attending a Christian Church, and had come to the realization that she should be baptized by immersion (she was sprinkled as a child). So, we made arrangements for her baptism. Wouldn't you know it, my sister decided she wanted to be baptized as well, so she flew out her for the baptism. But before their baptism, Claudia and Albert decided they wanted to re-affirm their faith and be baptized as well. So, on Saturday, March 7th, I had the privilege of baptizing my mother, my sister, my wife, Albert ... and at the last minute a fellow from our Monday night Prayer Group decided he wanted to be re-baptized as well ... so I also baptized Richard ------. There were about 24 people that came from the church to witness the baptisms. What an incredible evening that was. Mom will be 90 this year ... which goes to show you it's never too late to get baptized!

4 comments:

kalepa ta kala said...

How special!
:)

kadellis said...

WHy are you not writing anymore? You are missed!

Charlotte said...

Ditto what Kala said.
Charlotte

Charlotte said...

H-e-l-l-o-o-o. Is anybody home?