Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

OK, OK. I know my limitations. I am not a pro with this handy dandy little camera. BB is/was a pro. photog. and would have known what to do but he and #1S were no where to be found to provide help. So, if you click on the dark pictures I believe you will be able to see them a little better. I did that this a.m. and couldn't find my way back and lost an almost complete blog!!! Won't do that again today.

The Seven of us left on Friday for Bisbee, AZ about 10 a.m. for the weekend. We got ourselves situated in a very nice hotel in Sierra Vista, AZ, which #1S provided for us all, then we headed for Bisbee. They touted a Christmas lite celebration in which the town was to be lighted at 6 p.m. We were there for the ceremony. Afterwards they had a program which involved a former mayor of Bisbee and the current mayor. Yawn! Then they had 13 acts. There were tiny tots in Christmas outfits doing dances and were adorable. There were also dancers from Naco, MX. I don't think that is the whole name of the area in Mexico but I do at least remember that much. Some very colorful costumes and enjoyable dances.


Below, the first two pictures are of the Somethingorother Queen Hotel. Can't remember the whole name right now. It has been renovated in the last 10-15 years. I was told that my late hubby, his sis and hubby and I ate in the dining room some years ago but don't remember that either. I may have to be commited soon.






The next two pictures are of some of the adorable tiny tots in costume So sorry you can hardly see them. Remember to click on the picture. Makes them larger and a bit more visible.




After the "show" and being thankful we were in the middle of the three tiered bleachers (we were kept reasonably warm by bodies that surrounded us) we went to "The Texas Outhouse". When that establishment first came to town I couldn't remember the correct name, "Texas.........."HUMMM, the name is gone again. You probably know what it is. (While proof reading this I remembered, "Texas Roadhouse") Anyway, we went to that place to have dinner. The following is a picture of Danny Girl aka. Danica. MC's daughter


Mike........MC's son, not quite ready for the picture to be taken.



MC's sweet hubby


MC


BB


#1S Humm again. Do you suppose they practiced those wonderful smiles?



And then there is that OLD lady that keeps showing up in family pictures. Looks as if she was not quite ready for the picture to be taken either.



Last but not least is the lady who waited on us. What a special person. She and #1S sparred the whole time. She did a great job of keeping up with his teasing. He is a pro at giving people a run for their money, all in fun, and she kept up with him very well.

And a good time was had by all.

On Sat. Bisbee had a craft fair. Another Yawn. It was OK. We had a good time just all being there together but the fair at Bisbee was less than I expected. We wore me out. I was so exhausted that I didn't sleep well the whole time I was there and the hip joints and one knee kept protesting. Today, I am OK. I think I have survived and will recover. A little more slowly than in years past. I must be as old as that OLD lady that keeps showing up in our family pictures.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I especially love the pic of you--and your son with food hanging out of his mouth. Good blackmail photo. Funny.
Don't you just love when you get a decent and fun waiter, makes everything so much more pleasant.
Have a great week recuperating.
God bless,
Brenda :)

Beth E. said...

Is the waitress single?