Friday, March 14, 2008

S-----h-----e's------b------a------c------k



I simply haven't had anything of interest to share with anyone but me lately so I haven't been on here. Today, I have a little thing to share. Some time back I found a wonderfully clever pattern for crocheting a rug. It is clever in that it takes two strands of yarn and the instructions end up making a rug that is a full
1/2 inch thick! It is not relaxing to make. It is so heavy and cumbersom that it is simply hard work. The first rug I made came out all whopperjawed so I kept it for myself. It is still a very nice rug to step out of the shower on but UGLY! The rug I finished yesterday came out much improved. Middle Child has claimed it. She has Pfaltzgraff dishes with the grey and blue pattern called Yorktown. It will go very nicely in her kitchen. I will take a picture of the first rug and let you groan along with me and then you can see the second rug. I will probably make more of those rugs to put in the craft sale at church but I will finish some of the other projects I have waiting patiently for my attention.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh, Connie. You make me feel bad. I thought about chosing you, but didn't know if you would want to play. Anyway, I'm glad you chose to play anyway. Gee whiz, anyone can play if they want to. I just got tagged again for another meme that I will do tomorrow. Get ready. You will be on my tag list.

I had forgotten. Many years ago I used to crochet rugs. It was fun. I like the ones you made.

By the way, congratulations. You finally got the comment thing to work right. Yay

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I was just teasing. You don't even have to include me tomorrow. I will horn in anyway if I feel inclined.

Thank you for the nice word about the rug.

Got the comment to work right? I was able to once or twice before but couldn't after that. I played with it this a.m. and got it going again. Now, I will just see if it works again.

NOPE. Didn't work again. I will keep playing with it until I get it right...or...it co-operates