Monday, February 25, 2008

Another week ahead to look forward to




Yesterday was Sunday. A day of rest, from the blog anyway. As for the rest of the day, it was church as usual then work on a knitted vest I am working on, plant a few hills of tomato seeds and then tilled the garden area in my daughter's land. I think I will get that garden started since they don't have the time nor the energy to do it. My garden is nearly all planted. I love playing in the dirt.

Charlotte, I will attach the pictures of the only things I have left from my childhood except the good memories. One picture is the sad little Story Book Dolls my Aunt Carmon made the clothing for. The other two pictures are of hair and body parts I picked up at a thrift store with the thought of fixing up my dolls. I found that I don't have the interest in pursuing that after all.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Nice stuff. If I was still putting dolls together I'd jump at the chance to have these. Are any of your kids or grand kids interested in this kind of thing? My daughter is definitely not. She didn't take after me.

Anonymous said...

Well, you can at least get some arms onto your babies - how hard can that be? (I don't know, I've never tried.) But at least reattach the limbs. Then you'll have a good excuse to crochet tiny gowns for them, and maybe caps so you don't have to bother with putting hair on them! Then you can toss out the excess parts and not feel like this project is left undone.
~ Lorna

Beth E. said...

This is extremely disturbing. Please do not take any more pictures of headless/limbless dolls!
#1 daughter

Anonymous said...

Kala, you made me giggle the first thing in the morning. I love you muy mucho.........Tu Abuela

Brenda said...

If only dolls could talk!!! I'm imagining all kinds of conversations. But then my sense of humor is a little off. Your #1 daughter's comment cracked me up! Have a wonderful week.