Friday, April 23, 2010

The first story teller doesn't stand a chance

While I am working, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc., the mind often goes elsewhere. This morning while working on the Crazy Quilt I was remembering a story my BB told me. Mom made him a shirt in the '60's. A shirt that was from an off white plain butcher's cloth. She embroidered a design on the back of it, probably around the shoulder area, a design that was 'in' in the 60's. My BB wore it until he was pretty sure there was not a whole lot of wear left in it, or perhaps the 60's era was getting over itself then he threw it it the garbage. A while later, he was standing in line at the bank and a man that was in front of him had on BB's very own shirt!!!

My story: Quite some time ago, my mom was visiting us in Scottsdale. The three of us enjoyed going to garage sales. That day there was a large one with items from which each of us bought something. That night we went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant and we each wore the piece of clothing that we had purchased at that one garage sale. We sat there enjoying the meal, the evening and each others company and I whispered that I sure hoped the people from which we had purchased the items we were wearing were not sitting near us!!

Memories are wonderful and often revisited. Enjoy yours.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh my! I guess somebody thought there was a little more wear in your brother's shirt. Too funny!