Sunday, February 21, 2010

A favorite thing to do.

I have always enjoyed knitting. My first projects started happening between 45-50 years ago. I remember knitting a sweater for my son and one also for a nephew. I didn't start crocheting until about 1975 and jumped right into it with a complicated king size bed spread. I have recently decided that I enjoy crocheting so much more than knitting. I like the look of knitted things much better than crocheted things but crocheting is much more fun. The picture is of a sweater/jacket I finished a couple of weeks ago for one of my daughters. This one has kind of short sleeves. I can make one of these in a week. I made one for myself with long sleeves. I will put a picture of it on this blog in a few days. I made a third one for a lady at church. You can see just a tiny bit of the third one in the lower right hand corner. After three solid weeks of crocheting I have decided it is enough for a while. Now I am making yet another crazy quilt. Making crazy quilts is one of my favorite things to do. It is very like putting together a jigsaw puzzle...and I can get something from nothing. When it is finished there will be another picture.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful, Connie.

Rini said...

Connie, i cannot believe how pretty it looks and how well done !!!! You truly are an artist ! Did you make this without a pattern? I am very impressed, it is so attractively designed and delightful with those colors...

Love your rainbow too!!

Brenda said...

Very pretty!
This looks like almost the exact colors of a crocheted cap my sister gave my daughter. She wears it all.the.time! It has little ears and she gets compliments everywhere she goes.
Have a great week!

Down on the Farm said...

Rini, I have a basic pattern but change it with each making.

Charlotte and Brenda, thanks for checking in and the nice words.