Saturday, November 8, 2008

One Day in California

We three Muscateers drove to N. CA in one day. It would have taken me two and I would have spent the night in Buttonwillow, CA. BB drove and drive us he did. We made it in appx. 12 1/2 hours. We were happy to see The Courtyard all alight when we arrived. They left the light on for us. It was a long day but we enjoyed the drive and each other.

Yesterday, pre-celebration, we went to the beach (a must do for us desert rats) cigar stores and memory lane. I spent 29 years in San Jose, CA. Married a 30 year career IBM'er and started the moving bit. We moved from San Jose when my 3 children we 5,11 & 13 or appx. those ages. #1 son didn't have the memory's BB and I had. We didn't actually get to SJ but BB lived in the area in which we spent most of our time yesterday. He drove us all around memory lane.

The weather could not have possibly been more perfect for November & near the ocean. The area is heavily farmed. I tried to identify all the things growing (from a moving car) but failed for the most part. We made our memory trip most of the time with the car windows down. I told "Da Boys" the the day was an Olafactory (can't spell that word) Treat! For us ol' desert rats all the smells of the fresh ground being turned over, the smells of GREEN things growing was just wonderful.

I will write more later, 2 of the Muscateers are packing and getting ready to head over the mountains to OB's (oldest brother)
home and then on to the desert on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I love to visit that area. Don't want to live in California again, but it's a great place to visit, especially on the ocean. Glad you could go.
Charlotte

Brenda said...

Our best friends live in the Bay area. We always loved visiting there. They'd take us over into SF and down on the pier. He passed away 2 years ago, and she and her girls moved back to CO). Cherished memories!
You're probably traveling as I write, but glad you had such a great weekend.
God bless,
Brenda :)

Down on the Farm said...

Oh, wow! I just discovered something new on blogging. Now we have a place where we can comment on a comment and it can get back to you. It's all good.