Monday, July 7, 2008

More IBM pictures

My grandmother gave me a cream and sugar blow along with matching gravy boat many years ago. I believe she was considering "moving on down the road" and wanted to leave me something to remember her by. I ask her where she got those items and she said, "OH, don't ask me". She couldn't remember. At 70 y/o I am forgetting where I obtained some of the items I have. Below are more paintings we aquired along lifes way but I don't remember where we bought them. Now, they are just pretty pictures to hang on the wall.





I DO remember this picture. It was taken on our trip from CT. to Nova Scotia. It seems to me that the name of the place was "Peggy's Cove". The artist in Tucson painted the picture. She got the little boat floating a litte too high in the water but it is a good memory.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful pictures. I think I like the last one best.

Anonymous said...

What treasures you have there with those wonderful paintings.... really pretty
Thank for coming by my blog
Hugs
Linda

kadellis said...

I just love these. I don't remember if I ever told you or not, but when I was a kid I would take a dry paintbrush and trace the strokes in many of these paintings-- pretending that I myself was painting the pictures. I would do that for LONG periods of time. Then when it was time to go home I would go to my little hiding place and pop out once it seemed I was in real trouble for not coming when called. Ah the simple days.