Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 7th is the date of a celebration in our family. On Friday we all were able to get together for the celebration and three of the men in my family LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sushi and frequently go to a Japanese restaurant where they order the "all you can eat boat" that is in the first picture. The get together was great. I love my family and miss the TN part of my family but I have had enough Sushi now for another 5-10 years and I didn't even partake of the all you can eat servings. I enjoy most food and can eat almost, ( you will note that I said ALMOST) any food but there are other choices that I make most of the time.

The boat below is intended to serve 4 people. That is not counting the salad and soup that automatically comes with the meal. BB said he was not going to do the all you can eat anymore. He "hurt" himself. Way too much food.



In the picture below you can see grand daughter struggling with the chopsticks and if you look closely you will see that Michael has a little spring device connected to his chopstick to make them work a little easier for us non-Asians.



Below, Uncle Carl (BB=baby brother) is the only one aware of the camera. Must be that he is/was a pro photographer.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. This would not be my choice of food. Guess I'm too much of an "Okie", but it's always good to be with family. About the strawberry dessert at Horny Toad, we have always thought about getting it, but are always just too stuffed to add that. Someday we'll have to go out there in the afternoon just for dessert. We say that about every restaurant. Yesterday we went to Marie Callanders in the afternoon just for a piece of pie and coffee. Problem is, we shouldn't be eating this dessert any time. But boy, I sure do love all that sweet stuff.
Have a great day!

Happy_Dawn said...

Where was this? Karl and I looked at the pictures and have the sushi itch! Happy Sunday to you and your family.

Karl and I are off to get chocolate chip pancakes at the Crying onion! A great blessing to partake of. :) YUM

Beth E. said...

That is not all you can eat if your name is Paul Ellis. Take a picture of smiling people... it is much nicer :)

Brenda said...

Hi Connie, to be honest with you, the fellowship looks like great fun, but the Sushi, not so! Not my cuppa tea! But happy that you could spend time with family.
God bless,
Brenda

Down on the Farm said...

Dawn, I will find out the name of the Sushi place for you. It is on Oracle someplace at the bottom of the hill. CALL ME AND COME OVER! I HAVE BEEN MISSING YOU!!!!

Brenda, no more Sushi for me either. My late husband learned to enjoy it in his many trips to Japan with IBM.

Charlotte, PIE is my very favorite dessert.

Beth, the smiles were missing because of the intensive eating going on. Wish Paul had been there to take care of Danica's share. She didn't hold up her end of the all you can eat deal even though she claimed she did her share.