Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Always in a hurry

Alison Boon of "Born to read and knit" made a comment on my creations. She ask me "What's next?" I went into a bit of detail on the last thing I knitted and future projects. One of the things I replied was about the jacket I just finished and the desire to make another one. The reason I enjoyed knitting the jacket so much was because it filled the good ol' U.S.A . compulsion for NOW! Fast food, fast cars, fast, fast, fast. We want what we want and we want it NOW! I wonder how that came about??? I read a comment in a knitting magazine about knitters in China that said the Chinese are simply not in a hurry to finish what they are knitting quickly. They are content to knit with fine yarn, small needles (and I am sure they do a fine job). I, however, am always in such a hurry to get to the next project I always have UFO's sitting around. As I have said, I always finish what I start but sometimes it takes a while to get back to it and finish it. I receive two knitting magazines in the mail. While I was perusing the latest one that my BB brought home I commented: "Life is too short". I had to explain to him that receiving those magazines are sometimes not a good thing for me. There is always something new in them that I want to start. I have a mitten almost knitted and want to finish the second one to get the jacket, scarf and mittens in the mail NOW even though all that heavy covering cannot be worn NOW. Much too hot all over the U.S. right NOW.

Sadly I have to leave home on an errand or two today. Just think of the stitches I could finish if I didn't have to do errands!

Below is a bit of "eye candy" for you. This is a picture of "Picacho Peak" seen from my kitchen door.


!

3 comments:

Beth E. said...

Who are you and what have you done with my mother? I think maybe having two friends die recently has made you begin to look at life a little more closely... 70 years in is a good time to start... what else have you discovered? This is verrry interesting!

Charlotte said...

Beautiful picture. Sunrise? or Sunset? I'm the hurry up type when I start a project. Sometimes I become a little obsessed with whatever I'm doing. Right now I'm a little obsessed with blogging. Before that it was making DVDs. Wonder what will be next? I went through my knitting obsession years ago. Doll making was an obsession for awhile. When Carol saw my new doll blog, she called me a blogging fool. I guess she's right.

Charlotte said...

Gone again? Or just too busy knittin'?