Friday, February 29, 2008

Yesterday early a.m.









Yesterday, after bragging about my grandkids, I thought about you and took a walk with my camera. All of the pictures are in my back yard I own 8 acres and there is a small forest of Saguaro Cactus. To those of you who are not familier with my desert, that cactus is pronounced Sa-wha-ro. If you can work a little clearing of the throat sound in the "wha" part, you have it. One of the first pictures is a baby Sahuaro. One of the last pictures is a dead Sahuaro. Next to the baby is a picture I took in a wash (dry riverbed when there is no rain) of a growth that looks a bit like Shamrocks. I think I need to take another early morning walk before the heat destroys everything.

5 comments:

cathryn said...

Just randomly perusing blogs on this dreary Friday morning and stumbled across your beautiful pictures!

Thanks for brightening my morning :)

Charlotte said...

Wow. I didn't know you had so much land there. We have a gew cacti that Homer & Bessie gave us when we first moved here. They came over and planted it for us. The Saguaro is getting pretty big now. They do grow slowly though. The other cactuses have grown too. I have a hard time saying cacti. Cactuses seems more natural to say.
Have a great weekend.

Charlotte said...

Should have proofread. We have a few cacti, not a gew. Also, they planted them, not it. Oh well, it's Friday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Connie. I didn't realize you had 8 acres. Plenty of elbow room. Ann had an old, old photo of the choir last night which included you and Ken and Cathy Crane, plus a lot of other people I didn't know. And David Brown looking pretty youthful. You would have loved seeing it.
~ Lorna

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for checking in on my blog site. It is so green down here for my desert. I think I will go out a-wondering in my back yard again tomorrow and see what else I can see. Connie