Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Already Tuesday


I had written a very nice tribute to a very nice neighbor but lost it and lost the picture I was going to share and then lost my enthusiasim for today. I wrote and ask for the picture to be sent again and will be more careful to note where I store it and do it all again another time. For now, I will show you a picture of my oldest grand child, Kala, who is 20 y/o wearing a sweater I made for her. Down here in my desert, there is not a lot of days anyone can wear some of the things I make because it simply is not cold enough (not counting today, there is ice here and there from the rain we had all day yesterday). Kala lives in TN and is in school in Cleveland, TN and tells me that it is VERY COLD there right now.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Nice sweater. I made knitted a few sweaters back in the 60s.
One of the few things I don't like about living in AZ is that it hardly ever gets cold enough to wear sweaters. I love sweaters. I love coats too, but you might as well forget about ever wearing a coat. There is frost on the roofs of the houses around this morning. It gets cold enough at nights sometimes to freeze and kill a few plants. Then the sun comes out and warms everything up, even the dead flowers.
Have a great day!

Charlotte said...

Made knitted. What's wrong with me?

kalepa ta kala said...

hey look it's me.....
haha
I clicked on the link you left in your email and hadn't planned on seeing myself :)
Love you!

nannykim said...

ok--I have a question--where do you store your yarn. I am trying to simplify my life--I have yarn from old projects and new projects and am having a problem where and how to store it!! My closets often have a moisture problem, which I am sure you don't have!!!! I have to put water absorbers in my closets or anything stored in them becomes like a sponge---unbelieveable!

Down on the Farm said...

Nannykim: I have a whole room in which to store yarn, thread, patterns, yardage, stuff, stuff, stuff. Just for fun I may let you see that room tomorrow. Maybe. It is ankle deep in yardage. I am making a crazy quilt and have just acquired yet more and more yardage from a thrift store. I have shelves in the closet, an antique cabinate (Charlotte, you will remember it, it used to be in the kitchen with my dishes in it) I, fortunately (I wish this site had a spell check) that is filled with yarn and thread.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Wecome to the blogging world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Some days I have to pull myself away to get my chores done.
I always wanted to learn to knit but I am not sure if I will ever find the time. Maybe when I retire.
Have a good evening,
ginger

Charlotte said...

Nice new look for your blog. Kala must be helping you. Not that you couldn't do it on your own. I just added a little map to my blog to see where visits are coming from. It's fun to add these interesting things.